Hello, and happy Monday!
My thoughts have been a bit scattered lately, so I’m going to take this brain-frazzled opportunity to update you on the life of moi. Some big changes have happened lately, so maybe that’s why my brain feels like it’s being pulled in ten directions at once! (ouch)
1. The BIG move. Ok so it wasn’t a big big move, but Will and I did move last weekend. It was exhausting, as every move is, but the good news is that our new place is finally starting to feel like our home! We still have a few things to put away here and there, but at this point I think all of the big stuff is in place, and the smaller things are starting to fall in line. I wish I could just wave a magic wand and have everything be organized, but alas, I have no such wand.
Pros about the new place:
- We have a great and very attentive landlord. Comforting when things go wrong (and they have!) He redid a bunch of stuff for us before we moved in, and has been continuously working with us on the little problems that have popped up.
- We live smack dab in the middle of a pretty steep hill that’s about 1/4 mile long. Why is this a good thing? Because it means that I have to walk/bike up this hill at least once a day, which is always good for the booty 🙂
- My commute to work is more than cut in half. It took me 25 minutes to get to work on Friday, which is much better than the hour it took by train from my last apartment! The shorter walk to the train coupled with a faster branch of the T is what cuts the time down, and I’m not complaining about either of those! I haven’t biked in to work yet because of my walking boot but I think that’ll be an easier commute as well. Win!
- We have this ridiculous bakery right down the street. We may or may not have gone there yesterday morning and ordered 3 different pastries and a quiche… for the two of us. Whoops!
Cons about the new place:
- Because we live on this hill, people feel the need to fly up it for some reason. And I do mean fly. I don’t know if they’re trying to get momentum or what, but if I’m not careful, I’m going to get run over one of these days.
- We have this ridiculous bakery right down the street…
- I no longer live right around the corner from my beloved Harvard Stadium. Once I get out of this boot and back to running stadiums, the trip there is going to be kind of a pain (but well worth it)! I will be able to run hill repeats up this hill I live on though, and I can’t decide yet if that’s a good thing or a very very bad thing.
2. Back to work! After being off for June and July, I am back at work as of August 1st. I know I can’t complain because I do get two months off during the summer every year, but those first few days back in the office are always a little tough. Last week I couldn’t get my lunches packed ahead of time, so this week hopefully I’ll be back in the swing of things a little more and get back on my work-day routine. August is typically a relatively slow time before we get crazy in September, so at least I have a couple of weeks to get back into the insanity that is my job.
3. Muscles Schmuscles. I realized yesterday that I’ve built some monster traps after doing chin-ups and pull-ups every single day for over a month now. I can’t remember the last time I saw my upper back in the mirror, but it didn’t look like this! Loving the progress, and this is proof that dedication and consistency will yield results!
On another note, for those of you who aren’t seeking a muscular physique (whaaat?), don’t let this deter you from doing awesome things like pull ups. My upper back is the one area of my body that has always gained definition fairly easily. Every body is not the same!
So, basically, I’ve been lifting a lot of heavy things, hobbling around in my boot, doing pull ups like it’s my job, doing my actual job, organizing things, and eating sugar.
Yep, sounds about right.
Tell me a pro and a con about something big going on in your life right now! Enjoy your day!