Today’s post has nothing to do with fitness or nutrition.
But I can do that, because it’s my blog. So Pfffff.
Way back before most of you were following my little ol’ blog, I wrote this post about my favorite things. Well we all know I have a LOT of favorite things, so I think it’s time to do it again!
And posts like these are always good on Fridays when my brain feels like Jell-o from a long week at work.
Enough with the chit-chat. Let’s get on with it.
1. Lemon Creme Honey – I picked this stuff up at the store the other day when I was picking out a new tea flavor. And yes, it does say “for tea”, but it’s also an excellent add in to oatmeal, yogurt, or PB sandwich. Seriously, have you ever had creamed honey? It’s like honey 2.0. It’s like honey on crack. It’s SO GOOD. And with the natural lemon added in? Hello, heaven.
I may or may not have licked some directly off the side of the jar last night…
2. Flour Cafe – Berry Bread Pudding Flour is one of my favorite places in Boston, hands down, but their Berry Bread Pudding is really what keeps me coming back there time after time. And I don’t even really like bread pudding that much. There’s something about the way they make it that makes me drool like an infant. It’s not pretty.
3. Live Music – Lately I’ve been lucky enough to see 2 amazing shows, both completely different from each other. I went with some friends to see Zac Brown Band a few weeks ago, which was an amazingly good time, even though we were about 1000 miles away from the stage. Then last week, a friend brought me to see Ryan Montbleau and Sasha Yatchenko in a very small, acoustic set at a charming little performing arts center nearby. We were so close we were basically sitting on their laps, and I’m not gonna lie, it was pretty fantastic. Also, if you’ve never heard of Sasha (and chances are, you haven’t.. YET), check her out here. Her music is absolutely amaze-balls. Bottom line, whether in a huge arena show or tiny little music hall, live music is my jam.
A creepy, faceless pic of Ryan Montbleau. Awesome!
4. Bike Commuting – I’ve mentioned my bike commute a few times on here, and I’ll tell you, the cooler weather only makes me more excited to ride (mostly because I’m a sweat monster and it’s nice to show up at work without needing to shower. again.) But besides the bit of exercise I get while riding, I mostly love the ride for the views and the few minutes of peace and “me time”. Lately I’ve been leaving work at a perfect time to see the sun setting over the Charles River, and there have honestly been a few times I’ve stopped just to sit and soak it all in for a little while. It’s also definitely worth mentioning that the 5 miles of fresh air and endorphin-pumping exercise is a much better way to start and end my day than on a stinky, crowded T!
I rode by this little guy on the river path a few weeks ago. What a cute way to start the day!
5. End Of Watch – Will and I saw this last weekend and I still keep thinking about it five days later. I seriously got sad and weepy the other day just thinking about it. (I know, I’m a little weird). You know a movie is good when it sticks with you long after you’ve left the movie theater, and that’s exactly what this one does. I laughed a lot, definitely cried a lot, and I can honestly say it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen in a while. Oh, and Jake Gyllenhaal with a shaved head in a cop uniform? Sign me up!
Ok, there you go with 5 more of my favorite things. I’m thinking this will be in installments every few months or so… or at least when I have nothing better to write about.
Happy Weekend Everyone! Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!
Have you seen End of Watch? Do you have a favorite cafe in your area? Do you enjoy live music in big venues or small ones better? How do you commute to/from work?