Ok, I just lied to you.
I don’t mean to start out the week with a lie, but I had to do it to catch your attention. But did you really believe me? NO ONE loves Mondays. In fact, almost every Monday, I would say a good portion of my twitter feed is full of “Ugh MONDAY” tweets, and I have certainly uttered my share of “Is it really Monday again?” complaints.
But I’m going to do a little experiment this week and take a different approach. I’m going to figure out all of the reasons why I like Mondays, and see if starting this week out positively can make a little bit of a difference?
1. Monday is my heavy squat day. Yeppers. And following Monday’s lift, I’m usually itching for another heavy squat by Wednesday or Thursday, so I really do actively look forward to Monday mornings for this reason.
2. On This particular Monday, I have an early day. I know to many of you that doesn’t sound like a good thing, but when I’m used to getting home long after it gets dark out, an earlier schedule every once in a while is a blessing! Yes, I have to get up and to work awfully early, but I’ll also be out at 3 pm with the WHOLE afternoon and evening ahead of me!
3. Last week is over. Last week was a rough one in terms of stress and exhaustion. Today starts a new week and a chance to have a MUCH better week than last. There’s no place to go but up, right?
4. I DVR’d the Grammys last night, so I still have the amazing talents of Adele, Jennifer Hudson, and others to look forward to tonight!
5. Ok, 5 reasons to like Monday is really stretching it.
6. Did I mention Monday is my squat day?!?
So, 4 legitimate reasons to like Monday isn’t a bad start, right? It’s better than rolling over in bed this morning with my Monday face on and spending the first 2 hours of my day grumbling about how evil this world is that we have to go through Monday EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.
In fact, I think today I’ll start out more like this, and see where it takes me:
PS. Someone found my blog yesterday by searching for “girl face bad in africa”. WHAT? That’s enough to make me giggle on this most evil of days.
How do you feel about Mondays? Do you have any tricks to make them a little less painful?